Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 17: Deuces Wild

My legs are so sore from all the lunges yesterday!!  And my skin is sore from the massage!!

While getting dressed this morning into my work out clothing I stopped and checked my back…just to make sure I don’t have a ton of bruises from the massage…I don’t (well none that are visible..I’m sure they’re there).

Deuces wild..sounds fun, Jason and I are going to Vegas soon..what a coincidence.  We started out with a warm up of 45 friggin lunges, 45 of these things called “skaters” which are another form of friggin lunges (and we use our weights for all of these), and a ton of ab work.  We then broke into partners.  I typically sit by the same people every day since we all set up in the same spots.  There’s this woman who obviously has been doing camp and running like her entire life.  She kicks major ass.  She could be a coach.  She runs really fast all the time, does all the exercises to the fullest all the time and is just pretty amazing all the time.  She turned to me and said, “Wanna be my partner?”  I said sure since I figured everyone else had already partnered…I knew in the beginning my day would suck….I really wanted to partner with the chubby girl

So there was a deck of cards spread out face down on the floor.  Each suit was an exercise (ex spades were friggin lunges…with weights of course) and each number was the number of times we did it, times 2.  So a 9 of spades meant we did the lunges 18 times.  Face cards, including ace meant 10, so 20 times. 

After each card exercise we grabbed a jump rope and ran around the parking lot once while jump roping, we then dropped the rope and ran around it again backwards, we then ran around one more time forwards, went back, and drew another card.  We did this as long as we had left for the remaining camp time.  My partner and I ended up with 8 total cards..the goal was to try to get to 10 (I think we had the most of any other group).

At one point on one of our backwards laps one of the veterans asked me if “Mary [is my] partner?”  “Yep” I said.  She then said, “Bet you won’t make that mistake again”….all I could say was (I was trying not to fall on my ass and this was after running like a million laps) “I didn’t do it on purpose.”  She then tried to make light of the situation by saying, “She’s a good partner, she really pushes you.”

Anyway, my legs hurt..my skin still hurts..but it was kinda cool to do all that running and actually do it.  I felt obligated cause, again, I don't like to let my partner down.  But I still hate running/cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment