Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 2: ABSolutely Amazing, I'LL SHOW ME!

So I went.  I knew I would be really bummed if I didn't go.  I knew I didn't really mean I wouldn't go.  I knew I wanted to push myself...I don't know why I even kid like I was going to skip.

Can you guess what we worked today?  Yep, abs.

I rolled out of bed in pain.  Every movement hurt SO bad, I can't even describe it.  Getting dressed was awful, getting in the car was excruciating.  I haven't even thought about that GIANT HILL I have to walk down and up....

I pull up to the park and realize as I'm walking to the hill that I have to first walk down, that I don't think I can do this.  It took me 1 second to complete a step and I had to walk toe heel instead of the standard heel toe.  Oh my god...I think I'm going to just tuck and roll...that would be less painful.

I make it to the court and unroll my mat.  I stay standing, I know that if I sit down...well, if I can even get down on the ground (my fear is I'll be stuck in a half sit half stand not a squat cause lord my legs won't let me pose), I won't be able to get up.  That's not self defeating thoughts...that's the honest to god truth.

Thankfully when we got going the pain wasn't crippling....it was still excruciatingly painful to do a squat and when we slowed down it was painful, but I was able!

Hey wait, where's Jessica?!?  I know she said she was 5 days....she must have psyched herself out to quit..or take the day off...There's no WAY I could do that.  I'm SO glad I came!  I hurt but I'll show me! 

After class I lagged on gathering myself up.  Suzanne came over to ask if I was ok...."Oh I'm fine, just resting myself before I have to make it up that hill!"  She laaaaaughed..."It'll get easier" she said.

I walked to my car by myself...I needed to be able to go slooooowly.  How the hell are all these people walking so fast?!?!  OMG the effing pain!!!!  Jesus, I can't do this...oh god...please let me make it to the car.....oh god....oh god....I finally make it up the hill and I just have to walk the rest of the straight away to the car.  That curb looks like a great place to sit..but if I sit, I won't be able to get up.

This time the flop into the car is like fire in my legs.  I start to drive off and realize this is pretty dangerous because I'm having issues with my legs functioning on the pedals properly....

Speaking of, I see a HUGE accident on the way home.  It was almost me.  Some idiot ran a read light and t-boned the poor person at like 45-50 miles.  I see the person running the light and I get really confused and scared for a second...I have a green light..I check...yep.  Then BOOM! they SMASH into the car going the opposite direction as me.  Jason was rushing me home because he was already late for work...I freak out and want to stop, but know I can't for Jason.  God that person must be so hurt!

I get home, have a protein shake (this time I put 1/2 cup of milk and 1.5 cups water..not so thick now are you?), take a shower and sit down.....and sit....and sit.....and consider doing dishes and laundry....but I can't.....I sit...I finally get some dishes done since I don't have to move too much to do those....but laundry...sorry, can't do it.

Tonight I have my pre-evaluation.  Suzanne will take my weight, some measurements (which I will not be sharing :-P) and give me a meal plan and some recipes.

She notices when I walk into the office that I'm "stepping gingerly" I told her, "Oh yeah, there's fire in my legs"...she laughs.  Glad I'm so funny.  She asked how many days I was...told her 5 that I didn't know what got into me....she laughs...she says I'll see a lot of improvement and that's great I'm doing 5 days.

That's always been my thing, "I'll show me" I like to do what I think I can't...when you do things like that it's just so much more rewarding.  The only issue is that's when you get hurt if you really don't know your limits...more about that later...

At my evaluation Suzanne says we're going to do more cardio tomorrow...I hate cardio...I'm definitely not going.

No comments:

Post a Comment