Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 6: Lean, Mean & Green

This weekend was nice.  I woke up feeling like new and no pain to pee (er, I mean getting down on the pot).  Must be all the protein I’ve been ingesting.  So I was back to my wifely duties (you know, cooking, cleaning, laundering, etc.) with no complaining…ok virtually no complaining (I mean come on they’re chores).

So with all the cravings I’ve been having, and with Mom being totally aware of them…she sent me a text asking what the Sees candy that’s chocolate, square and has crunchy peanut buttery stuff in it.  I thought about it, went on the website and looked at the menu…mistake.  I sent her a text with a few different ideas and asked her why and that that was mean that she asked me about sees candy when I CAN’T HAVE ANY!!  She said, “I know, I was hesitant to ask…but I thought it would be awful to buy a lb of the wrong candy.”  I told her that was, “an asshole thing to do.”  Please note…the woman who gave birth to me (and in most cases don’t people want to protect their kids from pain?) chose purchasing the write candy over my sanity and comfort.

Anyway..

I pulled up to the park today and walked down my favorite hill (sarcasm font) with no pain!!  It was awesome, felt like the first day!  I got down to the court and noticed Jessica was back, she said she was feeling better after spending all week in bed and the weekend trying to rebuild her strength.  She had some kind of stomach bug so I was really scared when we had to do partner work and we were partners.

I’m not sure why the theme today was “Lean, Mean & Green” other than the fact that we were on the grass today for a little.  

In high school I hurt both my groins and today in the very beginning of our workout I started feeling pain in my left side.  I’m a little worried about that.  

The sprinklers were on today so I made a point to run through them during boot camp.  The water was freezing, it was awesome..made me soo thirsty though.  I made the mistake of licking the water that ran down my face and ended on my lips…boy was that salty!    

Jessica asked me while walking back to “cool down” if it was feeling a little easier this week.  I told her I wasn’t where I want to be, but its definitely a little easier.  I find I have a little more stamina and can do a little more running than I was able to last week.

The food cravings are insane.  I drove past Chinese Village Restaurant…mmm…Subway…an amazing donut shop.  I want a cheese burger…

I hit the grocery store today to pick up meals for this week.  Towards the end of my trip there was a screaming child….no one said anything, no one did anything, no one made a face at the people they were with.  Everyone pretended like nothing was happening.  I really wanted to pull a Christopher Titus and flick the kid in the back of the ear….why?  Because it hurts like hell and doesn’t leave a mark.

I won't share tomorrow's theme....but it's a doozy.

2 comments: