Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 9: Century Workout


As I thought, century means 100…Century Workout means you do everything 100 times.  O…M…G…

We did 100 mountain climbers, 100 squats and arm lifts, 100 downhill skiers, and a bunch of 100 other things.  Why don’t I feel the burn?  I mean sure I do in the moment, but after…not so much.  I mean I guess I can’t complain too much.  I can sit on the toilet, get off the couch, bend over to get laundry, etc…but “no pain, no gain” I wonder if I’m making progress…?  P.S.  I hate that guy who came up with that phrase.

I was feeling mostly better today…woke up starving and with a headache (must be dehydration) cause really I didn’t eat all day yesterday.  I made 1 egg + 1 egg white and ate that for breakfast.  I was hoping that wouldn’t be too much in my stomach right before a work out, but I was so hungry!  It was delish and I did just fine.

Apparently all they did yesterday was run up and down hills….part of me is glad I missed that…the other part is bummed.  If I don’t do it I won’t get any better.  (Speaking of…Jessica was gone again today!!  Seriously, I mean we pay for this stuff and she’s missed 5 out of 9 classes).

On another note, J sent me to the bank to deposit some money for him.  The bank happened to be downwind of the Popeye’s Chicken & Biscuits today….toooorture!

ONE “fun size” candy bar just isn’t enough.

Hamburger Helper: Cheeseburger Macaroni is looking really good. 

I still really want a donut, chinese food, BREAD AND BUTTER.....

Unrelated.  We do these overhead presses with these bands...and they pinch my skin.  I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, that Suzanne said, "You're a boot camper now"


 This picture just doesn't do my bruise justice.


My knee is pretty bruised too (working out on concrete)

Anyway...The Hill is still difficult to get up.  I think I've found that if I keep my head down it's not too overwhelming (lol).  I found myself day dreaming as I was walking up it that I had a bike...and then I thought, no, not a bike, I'd have to work on a bike...I'd like a gas scooter!!

2 comments:

  1. What knees on concrete! Thats not good....you need a mat. Dang and those arm bruises, what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, before class started I went to Target to get an exercise mat (which are a lot thicker than a yoga mat)...they didn't have any so I decided to use what I had..which happens to be a yoga mat...

    ReplyDelete