Friday, January 6, 2012

Eating Right

So at my evaluation I was told I need to eat 130g of protein a day...along with some other stuff, but you have no idea how little protein everything has until you have to eat 130g in a day.  I'm not sure it's possible to eat that much.  I'm getting sick of yogurt and cottage cheese (12g) for snacks.

That's 26g if I eat 5 meals...you realize how little protein everything has...String cheese, 8g protein I'd need to eat a little more than 3 of you to reach my bit....but the sodium and calories are insane.  Yogurt...9g walnuts...4g...

Driving home the other day I saw a pizza place.  Oh man, I'm craving pizza, chinese food, indian, a chocolate covered cream filled donut, nachos, hot dogs....

2 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up when you say how nothing has protein. what you mean is nothing "good" has protein...LOL. Peanut butter is a good source of protein as well as cheese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm supposed to eat 5-6 meals a day and get 130g...you'd be surprised when you total stuff up just how little it has when you have a goal like that to reach.

    ReplyDelete